Looking to change up your supper?
Try these incredible Eggplant Rolls by @spinachnspice, (You can find them on Instagram)
- 2 eggplants
- 500 grams (1 pound) minced meat
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt, pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice the eggplant into thin long strips, lay on baking sheet, spray with olive oil and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the ground meat mixture and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the ingredients together and setting in a baking tray.
- Once the eggplants are ready (don’t let them get fully cooked) add some of the meat mixture in the center of the eggplant strip and roll the eggplant around.
- Put it in the sauce tray, cover and bake for 30 minutes.